Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Can you trust the currency exchange centres in Kiev?
- A: Each exchange kiosk displays an accurate exchange rate & the currency exchange points are really honest.
- Q: Where can you wash your laundry in Kiev?
- A: It often happens that foreigners are lodged in hotels where prices for laundry are unreasonably high. At the InterContinental, for example, washing one shirts is 150 uah. In hostels, this service is much cheaper: in The Hub on Tereshchenkovskaya take 50 hryvnia for washing, and in the new hostel on Andreevsky Descent Dream House is even cheaper at 25 uah.
- Q: Where are the big shopping malls in Kiev?
- A: We advise Globus and Dream Town.
- Q: Where to eat Ukrainian food in Kiev?
- A: Within the centre there are several popular national restaurants with Ukrainian flavour - the tavern "Taras Bulba" and the restaurant "Metla" on Proreznaya, next to "Pervak" and "Varenichna". Foreigners with a limited budget adore Puzatu Hut and Zdorovenki Buli.
- Q: Is it possible to climb to the top of Motherland?
- A: Many locals do not know this, but it is possible. For 200 uah a get a key to the Motherland and up to a maximum of four people at a time.
- Q: When is the nearest football game in Kiev? How to get to the Olympic Stadium?
- A: The Euro championship is over but the passion for football did not settle down. To get to the stadium outside the matches is possible: four times a week (Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday) there are guided tours for all. The cost is 50 uah for the standard ticket and 25 uah for a student ticket.
- Q: Where can I shoot the Kalashnikov?
- A: The most convenient sports and shooting club is in Brovary. At Sapsan you can find all the coordinates and prices. We often organize tours there. It is also popular to visit the abandoned Stalinist tunnels.
Do you love to travel? Like us on Facebook!